When the decision was made in 1874 to purchase the Methodist New Connexion Chapel at Clappison’s Corners, to become the Millgrove Village Hall, the transaction involved The Sons of Temperance Society.
The deed stipulated that certain Read more
Millgrove’s industrial prosperity centred on the intersection of the present Millgrove Sideroad and the 5th Concession (Millgrove Road).
On the south-east corner, David Cummins had a turning mill and woodworking shop where he made furniture. Originally, Read more
The crossroads settlement of Millgrove was first established around a branch of the Grindstone Creek which meanders lazily through the village before exiting eastwards across the township line to East Flamborough. Today, Millgrove is a quiet community, in an Read more
Besides serving the Flamborough congregation, Rev. Christie for many years travelled throughout the southern part of Upper Canada, preaching as far east as Gananoque and Kingston, Hamilton to the west and Fergus to the north – many of his Read more
On Sunday, September 16, 2007 a plaque commemorating the 175th Anniversary of the church at Christie’s Corners and the work of Rev. Thomas Christie was unveiled.
The Presbyterian Church has a long history in West Flamborough Township that has Read more
The majority of East Flamborough Township’s early Patentees who requested land before 1800 received grants in the Lower Concessions (present-day Aldershot) and were mainly government officials and military officers. Without exception, these people remained absentee landowners, choosing to locate Read more
When the decision to award the French émigrés a township was made in 1793, only a small portion of the proposed area had been surveyed; four concessions and an indented shoreline or Broken Front along the north side of Read more
Following the end of hostilities between England and the Thirteen American colonies in 1783, the British government was faced with the responsibility of having, in part, caused the displacement of thousands of people who wished to remain under British Read more
For much of the 20th century, the Township Hall on Mill Street North continued to serve as the offices and Council Chamber for East Flamborough Township. After provincial government School Inspectors condemned and closed the upper Read more
At the October meeting of the East Flamborough Township Council, the members accepted the offer of a lot from Mr. John Cummins and agreed to pay him £50 on condition that he also provide the deed Read more