On Sunday, September 16, 2007 a plaque commemorating the 175th Anniversary of the church at Christie’s Corners and the work of Rev. Thomas Christie was unveiled.
The Presbyterian Church has a long history in West Flamborough Township that has Read more
The majority of East Flamborough Township’s early Patentees who requested land before 1800 received grants in the Lower Concessions (present-day Aldershot) and were mainly government officials and military officers. Without exception, these people remained absentee landowners, choosing to locate Read more
When the decision to award the French émigrés a township was made in 1793, only a small portion of the proposed area had been surveyed; four concessions and an indented shoreline or Broken Front along the north side of Read more
Following the end of hostilities between England and the Thirteen American colonies in 1783, the British government was faced with the responsibility of having, in part, caused the displacement of thousands of people who wished to remain under British Read more
For much of the 20th century, the Township Hall on Mill Street North continued to serve as the offices and Council Chamber for East Flamborough Township. After provincial government School Inspectors condemned and closed the upper Read more
At the October meeting of the East Flamborough Township Council, the members accepted the offer of a lot from Mr. John Cummins and agreed to pay him £50 on condition that he also provide the deed Read more
Built of locally quarried limestone, the former East Flamborough Township Hall on Mill Street North is one of the finest examples of mid-Victorian civic building in rural Southern Ontario. In design, construction and materials, the hall Read more
While the lower section of Snake Road is no longer open to traffic, the upper section is still in use. During the 1980s, the City of Burlington announced plans to “reconstruct Snake Road,” by straightening some of its curves Read more
During the 20th century, many of the historic buildings and landmarks along the Snake Road disappeared or changed in appearance so that their original importance to travellers has now been forgotten.
By the mid-1950s, responsibility for the upkeep and Read more
As Waterdown developed into a prosperous village during the 1850s and 1860s, James Kent Griffin continued the enterprises begun by his father 20 years earlier, and expanded them to become a contractor, building houses and roads, including Snake Road, Read more