Dundas Street – North Side

Walking in Waterdown

The Beginnings of Dundas Street and the Village of Waterdown

Dundas Street passes through the core of Waterdown and is a part of ‘The Governor’s Road’ which stretches from Mississauga to London. Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe Read more

Read more

Cemeteries of Waterdown Walking Tour

The Village of Waterdown contains three cemeteries, all of which were established before Confederation in 1867.

The origins of the village, located on the Grindstone Creek and crossed by the historic Dundas Street road, dates from 1805. Alexander Brown, Read more

Read more

The Smokey Hollow Walk

Flamborough Walking Tours – 2 Hours

The village of Waterdown was developed upon land that was originally granted to Alexander McDonnell in 1796. In 1805 ownership was transferred to Alexander Brown who built a sawmill at the falls of Read more

Read more

The Mill Street Walk

Flamborough Walking Tours – 1 Hour

The Village of Waterdown developed upon land that was originally granted to Alexander McDonnell in 1796. In 1805 ownership was transferred to Alexander Brown, who built a sawmill at the falls on Grindstone Read more

Read more

The Bullock’s Corners Walk – 40 Minutes – Walking Tour

Bullock’s Corners, south of Highway #5, is the junction of several small settlements which include Greensville, Crook’s Hollow as well as Bullock’s Corners. The first settler to come to the area was an American, Jacob Cochenour, who arrived in Read more

Read more

Designated Buildings in Waterdown & East Flamborough

Flamborough Walking Tours – 2 1/2 Hours

1. “The Griffin Cottage”, 24 Griffin Street

Much of Waterdown’s early growth was shaped by the pioneering Griffin family, namely Ebenezer Culver and his brother Absalom. Together they brought great entrepreneurial business Read more

Read more

The Millgrove Walking Tour

Long Walk – 85 Minutes

The Village of Millgrove lies just west of Highway #6 North, along the Fifth Concession Road. It was founded by David Cummins (1806-1887), one of the three sons of an early Upper Canada pioneer, Read more

Read more

The Millgrove Walk

Short Walk – 50 Minutes

The Village of Millgrove lies just west of Highway #6 North, along the Fifth Concession Road at the junction with the Millgrove Side Road. It was founded by David Cummings (1806-1887), one of the Read more

Read more

The Vinegar Hill Walk

Flamborough Walking Tours – 60 Minutes

The village of Waterdown was developed upon land that was originally granted to Alexander McDonnell in 1796. In 1805 ownership was transferred to Alexander Brown who built a sawmill at the falls on Read more

Read more

Dundas Street Walk

Flamborough Walking Tours – 45 Minutes

The Village of Waterdown was developed upon land that was originally granted to Alexander McDonnell in 1796. In 1805 ownership was transferred to Alexander Brown who built a sawmill at the falls on Read more

Read more
0

Your Cart