The Beginnings of Dundas Street and the Village of Waterdown
Dundas Street passes through the core of Waterdown and is a part of ‘The Governor’s Road’ which stretches from Mississauga to London. Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe Read more
The Village of Waterdown contains three cemeteries, all of which were established before Confederation in 1867.
The origins of the village, located on the Grindstone Creek and crossed by the historic Dundas Street road, dates from 1805. Alexander Brown, Read more
The village of Waterdown was developed upon land that was originally granted to Alexander McDonnell in 1796. In 1805 ownership was transferred to Alexander Brown who built a sawmill at the falls of Read more
The Village of Waterdown developed upon land that was originally granted to Alexander McDonnell in 1796. In 1805 ownership was transferred to Alexander Brown, who built a sawmill at the falls on Grindstone Read more
The following vignette, “Speculations on the Seneca Outpost of Tinawatawa” is an unsolicited and unedited article written by Joachim Brouwer. The opinions and conclusions of the article are that of the Author.
By late 1700’s, the Mississauga Ojibways, Read more
An Archive is the accumulation of historical records meant to preserve the history of an individual, organization, municipality or business. Very few—if any—will house tombstones.
The Flamborough Archives Read more
Bullock’s Corners, south of Highway #5, is the junction of several small settlements which include Greensville, Crook’s Hollow as well as Bullock’s Corners. The first settler to come to the area was an American, Jacob Cochenour, who arrived in Read more